Friday 10 November 2017

Research into Practitioners

Whilst researching into practitioners I've been trying to avoid the usual editorial type of illustration that this topic is usually covered by. It's not to my taste and I feel that it's a bit over done. Instead, I've tried finding imagery that contains some kind of emotion, humour or is executed in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Christopher Delorenzo

Eduardo Salles

Brian Rea

Natalie Foss

Brecht Vandenbroucke

Victoria Vincent

Victoria Vincent 

After looking into different examples of illustrative practice that examine my topic, I am particularly drawn to the work of Victoria Vincent. Her work has a very personal, authentic quality, and a strong sense of anrrative that runs throughout the majority of her work. As well as Illustration, she also animates her narratives and I have found two so far that align perfectly with the contexts and themes behind my essay. Her animation 'Find True Love' examines communcation and online dating, whilst her other animation 'kittykat96' explores presentation of the self online and the idea of multiple versions of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment