Monday 20 February 2017

Research Question

In the digital age, why are young creatives returning to zines as a form of communication? 

This is a kind of rough starting point for my COP work this year. I've been really interested in zines and touched a little bit upon them during my research this year, in terms of feminist publications and zines and how women were using these pamphlets as a means of communication and building up a network with other women. I wanted to explore why young creatives are returning to this DIY way of communicating in the digital age. What lures them to print, what makes them want to make zines, what do zines stand for, what do they do, how do they communicate? There's a lot of different ways this could go, I'm not entirely sure this is my final proposed question yet and feel like more research into DIY and zine culture is needed. I'm interested in looking at the idea of returning to such a simple form of communication but would also possibly like to explore how zines are creating conversation on important social and cultural issues such as gender, race, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment