Sunday 30 April 2017

Study Task 5: Initial Ideas

I feel that my focus for the visual journal will be looking into collage based imagery that reflects the themes I have been identifying throughout my research. I feel that collage relates back to the theme of society as through collage you can re-use existing images to create your own interpretation of the society that your research represents and communicates.

Initially, I want to begin to look at self-objectification and how women treat themselves as objects as a pose to the traditional view of males treating females as objects. I would then like to begin to move on to provide an alternative perspective on what it is to be female, looking at how we can value identity and mind over the body and place less emphasis on the ideal of being thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment