Sunday 30 April 2017

Study Task 8 - Rationale

In order to complete the visual journal, i will explore the themes and ideas that i have discovered whilst researching and writing my essay. These themes include objectification, self-objectification, the male gaze, internalisation, fragmentation and cropping and the idea of role models. I will explore these themes by using collage and imagery found in magazines to compile a selection of work that investigates how these themes can be represented and communicated using collage.

I will then move onto looking at the concluding aspect of my essay, and start to create imagery based around self-love, self-acceptance, diversity, equality and the idea of 'girl power'. This will make up the main body of my work as I propose to provide imagery that offers an alternative from the narrow beauty ideal that the media represents and communicates. I believe that to combat this, imagery must be made that focuses less on the body and more on the being. I will look at using collage to create fun, playful imagery that communicates an atmosphere of acceptance, moving against the current media trend and supporting girls to grown and develop their own sense of self-worth and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment