Thursday 18 January 2018

Summative Evaluation and Presentation Boards



This research driven project has allowed me to explore the effects that use of social networking sites have on our ability to develop interpersonal relationships. This has also led to me explored networked publics as spaces in their own right, the idea of self and self disclosure, as well as the psychological effects that over use of social networking sites has on us and the ability for us to form deep meaningful bonds with other people.

The practical research and work that has come of this research project has helped me understand more about the work that I resonate with most, and how I want to develop my practice in future projects. I feel that it is integral to image making to create illustrations that contain a level of authenticity and honesty, creating a creative community where talk of emotional states and personal feelings is not taboo, as well as encouraging others to be more honest with themselves and those around them.

I feel that this module has help me develop my research skills above all else, I have discovered how research can really inform my practice when I follow my own initiative and explore subjects that genuinely interest me, even if this means the work or research reflects a level of self-disclosure from myself.  I believe that this mindset of working will be something that continues to accompany me throughout my remaining months at university and hopefully will continue to inform my practice in a positive way.



No comments:

Post a Comment