Thursday 5 May 2016

OUIL401 - End of Module Evaluation



Leeds College of Art
BA (Hons) ILLUSTRATION
Level
04
OUIL401 Context of Practice
Credits
20
End of Module Self Evaluation

NAME
Leah Haywood


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I think mostly I have improved my analysing and academic writing techniques, this is evident through my blog and through my essay and I think I have applied these well in order to convey an idea/thesis appropriately. I also think I’ve developed my research skills and that this helped me most when writing my essay and then when producing my visual journal. I have also developed skills in referencing texts and articles, something I used to be quite uncertain of but am now a lot more confident with.

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your practical outcomes?
I have looked at a variety of different media whilst researching where as previously I would probably just have looked through books. I now see the benefit of watching films/videos and how they can inform research which then leads to informing practical outcomes, much like how the TED talk I watched had a huge influence on how I approached my practical work. I also think that drawing from reference has really helped me develop my practical skills and this is something I would like to develop more.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
One of my main strengths would be my practical body of work and the quality of the work produced. I think I used shape well to communicate effectively and clearly and that the bold, colourful images I produced work well in communicating body positivity and acceptance. I will capitalise on this by focusing on shape more in second year, it’s definitely a way of image making that I would like to develop. I also think I wrote my essay well and that I referenced a good number of sources and used them appropriately through my essay. Next year I would like to include more research and more references to back up my essay.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I think I could have been more exhaustive in my sketchbook. I did not allow myself enough me to develop my work too its fullest potential. I would address this in the future allowing more time for COP and not letting it be something I just put on the back seat in order to prioritise other modules. I also think one of my weaknesses is my lack of research into both my essay and visual journal. I think I would have benefited from doing a lot more research to have a better developed body of work.

5. Identify five things that you feel will benefit you during next years Context of Practice module?
. Allocating a set amount of time to COP on a weekly basis
. Attending every COP session
. Doing more research into both my essay and visual journal
. Being more exhaustive with my practical work
. Prioritising COP like I have prioritised other modules














6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance
x




Punctuality
x




Motivation
x




Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced

x



Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group
x




The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment