Wednesday 4 May 2016

OUIL401 - Visual Response Survey Answers

My survey was pretty successful, I got around 40 responses from a mixture of males and females, although the vast majority of responses were females. I looked through the responses and picked out recurring things that were being said. One thing i picked up on majorly was the fact that people were bringing up very similar things that they liked/disliked about their bodies, for example a lot of girls disliked their stomachs and thighs and a lot of girls liked their eyes. I wanted to visualise this just to see how all these body parts would look group up on paper.

I hate my.... thighs, stomach, nose, boobs, feet, hips, bum, skin

I love my.... eyes, freckles, hands, hair, body shape, legs, wrists
 From how i see it, girls seem to be unhappy with larger parts of their body, and happier with smaller, maybe less noticeable features? Such as freckles, wrists, eyes. There was a large number of girls that weren't happy with their stomach and thighs and from the research I did for my essay I think this is mainly down to how a lot of women in the adverts that these girls see are really slim with toned thighs and really flat stomachs.

I had a look through the answers that I got for what people though a perfect body was and the majority were descriptions of the usual kind of woman you see in an advert. Size 8/10, slim, tall, toned, flawless skin. It was really refreshing to see on the other hand that some people out there recognise the fact that a perfect body isn't necessarily down to how a body looks, but that it's whether the body is happy and healthy. I'm wanting to make some body-positive images, promoting the idea that a perfect body is a happy, healthy body.
I think this could be a lot more effective than going down the route of looking at body dissatisfaction and instead make some work that starts to get people seeing that they should begin to love their body and themselves for who they are.


"I think the perfect body comes from self confidence. If you're confident in yourself and what you look like, it doesn't matter if you're fat, skinny, tall or short."

" A happy, healthy body is a perfect body."

" A healthy one."

"A healthy happy one."

"One that keeps me living, that i can walk, run, cycle and dance in. One that feels soft and not sharp."

" One that works"

"Having self love."

No comments:

Post a Comment